Sunday 4 October 2015

Shelly Weingart - Doxology Photography



1 Corinthians 10 13 Temptation Escape Fine Art Poster


This Fine Art Poster was created from a photo snapped while sitting in traffic inside the liberty tunnel. It leant itself well to 1 Corinthians 10:13, which reads: No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.





The Holy Spirit On Phil


This artwork was created from a photograph of my husband playing the guitar on April 28, 2007. How do I remember that date so specifically? It was our wedding day! In fact, at the time the photo was taken, we were not yet married. Our friend Gayle took our photos and also performed the ceremony. Gayle, aside from being a wonderful pastor and counselor, is also a talented artist. I miss her! Post processing done by me using 2 versions of Paintshop Pro - number 9, and number 17.




Psalm 8 Inspirational Moon


Psalm 8:3-6 in the English Standard Version reads:

3 When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
and the son of man that you care for him?

5 Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings[a] and crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You have given him dominion over the works of your hands;
you have put all things under his feet,

While sitting around a fire in the backyard one evening I was experimenting to see how clearly my camera would be able to capture the moon. The original photograph shows a plain blue sky as the background. I experimented with lots of different post processing filters until I arrived at this slightly mysterious, subtly dramatic, combination of clouds and magical energy.

God has placed the Earth under our dominion. Adam and Eve lost that dominion in the Garden, But Jesus won it back for us. Lord, help me to rule, and rule wisely.










Pittsburgh, PA - United States






Where the name DOXOLOGY PHOTOGRAPHY came from:



According to Wikipedia, the word "doxology" comes from Greek words meaning "glory" and "saying". I want my art to say glory.

I tried to think of a short, catchy way of saying that my photos are intended to be little reflections of the glory of God's creation. Like visual praise songs.

The words "doxology" and "photography" sounded kind of tongue-twistery and almost rhymed, so, hey, why not. Recently I seem to be adding more playful and humorous pieces. Is humor part of God's glory, I ask myself as I type this? I think so... I'd like to find out...

Spontaneously taking pictures whenever something grabs my attention, and then uploading the photos to my computer to play with and enhance, is my current addiction and great joy. I work in the mental health field and art is one of the ways I maintain my own mental health. With my art I hope to express some of my delight in and gratitude for the beauty and wonder God has placed all around us. Please join me in this process of exploring the visual world and thereby hopefully tapping into the invisible.

My hope is that your spirits will be lifted as you stroll through my galleries.
May you be inspired,
may you dare to dream,
may you discover who you are,
may you believe in magic.

-- Shelly Weingart

No comments:

Post a Comment